iFunia DVD Ripper for Mac is a tool that can help you copy videos from DVD discs so that you can directly play and watch the videos on your computer. It supports converting either homemade or commercial DVD discs to a variety of popular digital formats, like mp4, mov, mkv, avi, mp3, m4v, m4a, etc. In addition, it has a built-in video editor tool and you can use it to edit the DVD titles as you like. In this guide, we will show you the steps how to convert DVD discs to digital video formats.
Part 1 Download & Install
1. You can download the installation package of iFunia DVD Ripper from here.
Free Download macOS 10.12 or later
2. Install iFunia DVD Ripper with the downloaded package.
Double-click the dmg file.
Drag the iFunia DVD Ripper icon to Applications folder.
Part 2 Activation (Optional)
After installing the program, you need to activate the program if you want to use the full version features.
1. Go to Lauchpad or Applications folder, double click iFunia DVD Ripper to run the program, and then click the key icon at the top right corner.
2. Copy-n-paste the license code into the popped-up window, click "Activate".
Part 3 How to rip a DVD?
If you want to play the videos on a computer, mobile or iPad, you will need to convert the DVD disc to digital files. Refer to the steps below to learn how to convert a DVD disc.
Step 1 Add DVD
You can directly drag and drop the DVD folder into the blank place of the main interface or click File > Add DVD to add the DVD into the program.
Step 2 Mark the titles you want to convert
Normally a DVD contains several titles in it, iFunia marked all the titles by default after loading the DVD and you are allowed cancel the check of the titles that you don't need to convert.
Step 3 Select the Output format
There are various output video formats supported with iFunia DVD Ripper, just click the "Convert all tasks to" to select your desired format.
Step 4 Convert DVD
Click to start the conversion, when it completes, you can directly click the Check icon after the video to get into the save location of the converted videos.
Tips: When a DVD contains multiple titles, you can select to generate one merged video or separate videos by sliding on/off this button
Part 4 How to edit titles in a DVD?
iFunia DVD Ripper has a built-in editor tool, if you want to edit the titles, just click to get into the Edit window, you can trim, crop, effects, rotate, watermark, volume on the titles. Below we will introduce to you all the editor tools in iFunia DVD Ripper.
1. You can click or to play/pause the selected file. Move and of the playback progress bar to choose a specific part of the video.
2. You can also manually enter the Start Time and End Time to confirm the clip to be trimmed.
Note: If the time you enter is unreasonable, like the End Time is greater than the video duration or the End Time is less than the Start Time, the time will be reset automatically.
3. To reset the start and end time back to the original, just click
1. Navigate to Crop tab, you can manually adjust the cropping area by dragging the central and surrounding handles.
2. You can also adjust the size and position of cropping area by changing the figures in those four boxes.
3. You can select an output aspect ratio for cropping with four options: Keep Original Ratio, 16:9, 4:3 and Any.
4. To reset the video back to the original, just click
1. Navigate to Effects tab, set the degrees of Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Tint, Temperature by resetting their respective control sliders.
2. Choose a special effect for the output video from the list in "More Effects" option box.
3. In this section, you also can find the deinterlacement feature, which can turn interlaced videos into a non-interlaced form, enhancing spectators viewing experience rather appreciably. And it is also quite easy to use. Just need to check the box of "Enable Deinterlacing".
4. To cancel all the effects and reset the video back to the original, just click
5. If you want to use the same effects on all loaded videos, you can click after finishing the settings.
1. Navigate to Rotate tab, each of the four buttons specifically represents one specific way to rotate or flip the video, click the button as your requirement.
2. To reset the video back to the original, just click
1. Navigate to Watermark tab, you are allowed to add any text watermark or image watermark to the video.
2. Text watermark: select the "Text type", type the content in the box, pick its font and color by clicking and , and set its position and degree of transparency.
3. Image watermark: select the "Image type", click to choose the image to be used as a watermark, and set its position and degree of transparency.
4. If you want to use the watermark on all loaded videos, you can click after finishing the watermark.
1. In some cases, the voice of the original video is too loud or too low, if you want to adjust it, you can navigate to Volume tab, slide the volume bar as you like.
2. In addition, if you want to add “Fade In” effect at the beginning of the video or add “Fade Out” effect at the end of your video, tick the option “Fade In” or “Fade Out” and then select the duration.
Part 5 Application Updating
We always suggest users to use the latest version of the program.
When you launch iFunia DVD Ripper, iFunia will auto check for updates.
Also, you can click iFunia DVD Ripper > Check for Updates… on the left top menu bar to manually update it.
Jessica Nielsen has worked in iFunia for 8 years, she is very familiar and professional with video parameters and iFunia’s programs, and can provide accurate and useful suggestions to iFunia users.