December 18, 2013 08:16 AM / Posted
by Sarah Connelly
Follow @Sarah Connelly
Windows 8 does create quite a stir in the market. This operating system brought lots of amazing features to personal computers, including home and business desktops, laptops, notebooks, tablet PCs, and media center PCs. But you'd better believe it'll take some time to get used to it all. And for some new windows 8 users, there may be a little difficult for you to watch YouTube videos or download the YouTube videos on your Windows 8/windows phone 8 devices. So here I have discovered some free ways for you to download HD 1080p YouTube videos on your Windows 8/windows phone.
Part 1. Best Options For Download YouTube Videos on Windows 8
There are a handful of software programs – from popular online website to stand-alone programs – that will allow you to download videos regardless of whether the content owner has made the video available.
Method 1. Getting help from YouTube video downloader could make things more easier
If you want a simple and free way to download YouTube videos on windows 8, I recommend iFunia Free YouTube Video Downloader for you, which providing the easiest method to download YouTube videos in MP4, 3GP, FLV, WebM, 720p and 1080p FULL-HD video qualities.
1. Download and install Free YouTube Downloader on your Windows 8 PC.
2. Go to YouTube and find the videos which you want to download, copy the url of the YouTube video and Click Online Files button. You can click "add" to add multiple url for batch downloading.
3. According to your needs, you can choose to save the YouTube videos as MP4, FLV, WebM, 3GP video format. You can also set the video resolution as HD 1087P or 720.
4. After all settings, click to highlight the video you want to download and click download to start video downloading on Windows 8.
Download Free YouTube Video Downloader for Windows 8 Now!
Method 2. Free download YouTube videos online
If you don’t want to download a program, just want to download the videos online, then you can just go to clipconverter.cc.
Clip Converter is an easy solution to for all your YouTube downloading needs. The web-based utility is entirely free, requires no additional software to run and can quickly download videos from YouTube, Dailymotion, IMDB, Metacafe, Myspace and many others. The tool features all the standard format types — from MP3s to WMVs — and even includes an option to edit embedded ID3 tags.
1. Paste your YouTube URL at 'Media URL' and press Continue.
2. Select the format and the options for the conversion. The default options are for most videos a good setting.
3. Press the 'Start' button at the bottom to start the conversion.
4. This may take several minutes. After the conversion is finished you can download the converted file.
Part 2. How to View Various Video File Formats in Windows 8/Windows Phone 8
Now that you have downloaded your videos, here comes the tricky part. As I know, most of smartphone support video formats of 3GP/MP4/WMV, and by default, Windows Media Player only recognizes a limited amount of file formats, the standard video file format being .wmv. So if you want to enjoy HD video, like MKV video, you should download a video player like VLC or use Video Converter to convert videos to the proper format for you. Don’t sweat; it’s a quick and easy three-step-program:
1. Download Video Converter for Windows 8, install and run it.
2. Add your video files and choose a proper format.
3. Click “Start”, after a few minutes you’ll be able to enjoy downloaded videos in Windows Media Player or your windows phone.