How to Upload iPad 1080P Videos to YouTube
"Well for some reason, my iPad videos (when uploaded to YouTube) come out as 720p the camera is rated at 8MP and 1080p definition, so why isn't it doing it? I seen other videos on YouTube of the iPad video and they are also 1080p. Is it possible to upload in full 1080p?"
The new iPad 3rd gen's recording function may be one of the most striking feature than iPad 2, However, when surfing on the site: http://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa, I found other users have the above puzzles about how to upload iPad 1080P Videos to YouTube.
I used my iPad for a test, and I encountered the same problem, but when I output the recorded 1080P videos to PC, and then upload to YouTube, I succeed. So I think maybe YouTube doesn't support upload 1080P videos via 3G/WIFI, or 1080P MOV format is not perfectly supported by YouTube.
Besides, I find some tips to solve new iPad 3rd gen 1080p video upload problem and get better visual enjoyment, that is using the apple iMovie app or convert iPad MOV videos to WebM format.
Method 1. Upload iPad 1080p HD video to YouTube with iMovie
With the new iLife '11 suite, Apple implemented a lot more social features to better integrate the desktop suite with social networks such as Flickr, Facebook, Vimeo and YouTube. And iMovie'11 has improved the sharing of our videos on YouTube or trailer created. Now we can publish our videos on YouTube in full HD at 1080p. As you see from the screenshot, the previous version of iMovie, the size was increased to 1080p HD.
Method 2. Convert iPad 1080p HD videos to WebM for uploading to YouTube
WebM format is a kind of HD flash video format coding with H.264, WebM format is better than FLV because WebM has smaller volume and higher definition, and has been perfectly supported by nearly all video website like YouTube.
- 1. Download a third-party video converter to your Mac to help you convert recorded iPad 1080p HD video to WebM format, a recommended is called iFunia Video Converter for Mac. Download iFunia Video Converter by click here.
- 2. Load in iPad 1080p HD video, go to "Output Format" and choose YouTube > WebM Video File(*.webm).
- 3. Finally, convert iPad 1080p video to WebM by hitting the "Start" button. After converting, you can upload iPad 1080P videos to YouTube and share with your friends.
Other small tips for the new iPad:
1. If you'd like to download YouTube HD videos from YouTube to iPad on Mac, you may try YouTube Converter for Mac.
2. To playback DVD movies on new ipad on Mac, you may try Handbrake or DVD Ripper for Mac.